Looking for the Highest Paying Government Jobs in India? These days, government jobs have become the first choice of the youth, the reason behind it is high job security, less working pressure, a good working environment, attractive salaries and many more.
Here are the best government jobs in India
Highest Paying Government Jobs in India
1. Civil Services Officer
1. IAS Officer
IAS Officer is a very prestigious and best government jobs in India and is rated as an A-Grade government job. Also, we can call the King of District and get full respect from all. IAS officer maintains law and order, administrates revenue and many more.
Being an IAS provides a very high level of job security. IAS officer gets power and prestigious both.
An IAS officer gets awesome accommodation generally big bungalow at very minimal rent with this provides its cook, gardener, security guard, and servant.
Car provided by the government with blue beacons and in some states amber and orange is used.
IAS officer gets a very good salary above 50K.
If you want to become an IAS officer you have to clear UPSC( Union Public Service Commission ) examination. It is Indias one of the toughest exam and very rarely people crack it but if you have an eagerness to prepare and patience then you will clear the exam. Go for it.
Also Read –
2. IPS Officer
An IPS Officer is a very prestigious and best government job in India like IAS and the most prestigious post in civil service posts comes next to IAS.
The ministry of home affairs is authorized to control the cadre of IPS officers. IPS is a highly respected post in the internal security system of India.
The post of an IPS officer is an achievement in itself. You get respect from the general populace that can not be matched by any amount of money.
- An IPS officer gets a very good salary above 50K and gets other perks and facilities.
- You will get awesome accommodation at minimal rates, own security guard, the official car with a driver.
- No electricity bill
- Free mobile bill
- High Level of job security
- And also the option for studying abroad
When officers get retired to get a lifetime pension and other retirement benefits.
If you want to become an IPS officer you will have to clear UPSC civil service examination.
3. IFS Officer
IFS officers are India’s diplomatic and commercial representation overseas. It is one of the highest paying jobs in India all among jobs.
The service of IFS officers is to deal with a variety of issues like political and economic cooperation, trade and investment promotion cultural inter-nation.
An IFS officers spend most of their time abroad (2/3) and only (1/3) career in India at the headquarters of the ministry of external affairs in New Delhi. IFS officers are known as diplomats or ambassadors and handle external affairs of the country.
- It is a highly secured job and that provides the opportunity to study abroad.
- IFS officer gets free accommodation, transportation, retirement benefits, pension and many more.
- They have a diplomat passport.
- No electricity bill.
- Free mobile bill and official vehicle.
- IFS officer gets a very good salary above 50K.
- You can take your family along with you at the Indian mission abroad.
If you want to become an IFS officer you will have to clear UPSC civil service examination. And in the IFS officer section, only 10-15 candidates selected every year.
2. IES Officer
The IES(Indian Engineering Service) is the most prestigious, reputed and best government jobs in India like an IAS and IPS.
IES officer gets power in the technical field. In the beginning, IES officers usually get the technical role and then after it changes more into the administrative and head of the technical department.
IES officer works as a techno-managerial nature. There is a less technical but more managerial role. There are various types of the department in India Engineering Service like Railways, Defense, CPWD, Telecom, etc.
IES officer handles the situation related co-ordination with various organs of the PE and communicates with the government authorities.
If you want to become an IES officer then you will have to clear the UPSC Engineering Civil Service examination.
Qualifications – Graduation with Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Electronics, and Communication Engineering.
- Generally, IES officers get the same facilities as IAS, IPS.
- The Government provides Bungalow at minimal rates and other facilities like gardener, guard, cook, and servant.
- Medical Services.
- Government car with driver.
- Free electricity.
- Free telephone bill.
- All India travel pass.
- City compensatory allowance.
- IES officer gets a very good salary above 50K.
Also Read –
The government doctor is the most respectful and best government jobs in India. He/She saves a life that’s why people treat very respectfully
.Government doctor gets a high number of patients every day with a bigger variety of c ases in the government hospital so that they can get a lot of to learn.
So choosing a government job is a better option for a fresh graduate doctor. The government has very good advantages such as a better class of patients, good environmental conditions, etc.
Job security is very good in government organizations and when one’s job is fixed nobody is going to kick from the job without warning.
Doctors must have to give their patients all the information they need for treatment. Government hospitals or charity hospitals, railway are always secure.
There are various types of doctors such as a cardiologist, Audiologist, gynecologist, pediatrician, veterinarian, dentist, orthopedic surgery, ENT specialist, psychiatrist and many more.
- The government doctor gets a high salary.
- Stable job.
- Get protection against medicolegal issues.
- Get a proper vacation and holidays.
- House accommodation.
- Need not to worry about hospital maintenance costs.
- Gets a very good reputation in our society.
Also Read –
4. Scientist at ISRO/DRDO
A scientist is someone who researches something new in his/her interested area. Everybody knows that what is the reputation of scientists in India and specifically at ISRO and DRDO.
So it becomes the best government jobs in India. ISRO is one of the best space agency in the world.
Its missions are all-time successful, accurate and cheap. Scientists at ISRO/DRDO are central government so there are more facilities for them.
There is mostly technical work such as designing, testing, and operational work. If you want to join ISRO/DRDO then you should engineering degree with first class (above 60%).
- Very good environmental work with the team.
- Free medical facility for self and family.
- Subsidized canteen.
- Group insurance.
- Pension scheme.
- Education allowance for children.
- LTC and hometown facility.
- Leave travel concession.
5. PSUs Officer – Public Sector Undertaking Jobs
PSUs jobs are prestigious and respectful and highest paying government jobs in India.
PSU jobs mean you have to work in a company but there is an effective office environment it’s much better than all other companies.
They are either half or fully owned by the state or central government.
There are a lot of companies for PSU jobs such as BHEL, SAIL, ONGC, NTPC, IOCL, Coal India, MTNL, NMDC, BSNL, BPCL, etc.
Most of PSUs selects candidate base on GATE score so candidate required to crack GATE examination with a high score.
All the PSU companies are divided into different groups like Maharatna, Navaratna, Miniratna, etc. So there is a different environment in PSUs.
- PSU officers get an attractive salary near 1 lakh per month.
- Generally, the working time is 8:00 am to 4:30 pm but it varies from company to company.
- Excellent accommodation.
- Job security is very high for PSUs officer.
- PSUs provide mobile and laptops every 2-3 years to their employees.
- Free and excellent medical facilities.
- Furniture and car loan.
- Excellent canteen facilities get breakfast, lunch, dinner, and many more.
Also Read –
6. Professor at Government Colleges
The college professor is the best job in India, especially at government colleges. It’s a respectful job in our society.
Professors have to teach college students, Research, and services. As a professor, you can research at your specialized subject, write a book and many more.
As a professor, you should have the following capabilities.
- Very good communication skills because you have to deal with students, other professors, teachers, and many more.
- You should have good learning ability because you have to learn even from students.
- You should be a very good career adviser.
Qualification – you must have Graduation+Post Graduation with minimum 55% marks and for reserved category, 50% marks required.
- If you want to become a professor then you must clear the NET (National Eligibility Test)/SET(State Eligibility Test) examination.
- Professors give a very good salary.
- High job security in government colleges.
- Best working environment.
7. RBI Grade – B ( Reserve Bank of India )
RBI Grade B is one of the prestigious banking jobs in India. It the highest-level managerial job of RBI.
There are different responsibilities for RBI officers such as checking and maintaining financial stability, managing all the government accountants and issues and circulation.
If the candidates crack the exam and select in RBI grade B then he/she have to work for 2 years as a probation period.
All India posting but usually in metro cities and state capitals such as New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bangalore, etc.
- RBI is its brand so it’s respectful to work in there. It is a typical 9 to 5 job and 5 days a week.
- Reserve Bank of India is India’s central bank.
- RBI Grade B officers get a very good salary above 60K.
- RBI officers get a lot of benefits such as
- Free medical facilities.
- House loan and a car loan at the subsidized simple interest rate.
- There are a lot of allowances like petrol allowance, maid allowance, mobile allowance, allowance, etc.
Also Read –
8. SSC CGL Officer
The SSC CGL Officer job is the best government jobs in India.
It is an office as well as field job and there are so many posts in SSC CGL, some of them the top post are.
Assistant Auditing officer(AAO)Income Tax Inspector(ITI)Central Excise Inspector Assistant Section OfficerPreventive CBEC Officer.
Normally office work but sometimes they have to raids and audits. Job timing 9:30 am to 6:00 pm and 5 days a week.
All the posts are open for both male and female.
Job location in New Delhi but some posts have all over India. It’s a responsible and important job. Some SSC CGL officers have direct contact with the ministers.
If you want to become SSC CGL officer and serve the nation honestly then start preparation of SSC CGL and crack it.
- SSC CGL officers get an extra allowance for traveling and medical.
- They have less stress and less workload.
- SSC CGL officer gets a very good salary and on time
- Get paid leave benefits.
- Free mobile bill.
- They have a very good status and social power.
- Get a pension scheme.
9. Bank PO
The Bank PO is a public sector job with a very good reputation in India and it’s considered to be prestigious and best government jobs in India and our society.
Generally, the job profile of bank PO involves banking and administrative task. And also the opportunity to in various fields like operations, Risk, Audit, Credit, etc.
There is managerial work for the Bank PO like taking a decision for the benefit of the bank, managing cash balance and also have to perform tasks like an investment, marketing, finance, accounting, and billing during the training period.
- All India posting includes urban and rural.
- A Bank POs growth opportunity is very good at all among the government jobs. It’s one of the highly reputed jobs in India.
- Chances of foreign posting.
- An attractive salary is given.
- Awesome allowances are given.
- Leased house accommodation.
- Medical benefits.
- Furniture allowance.
- City compensatory allowance.
- Dearness allowance.
- Housing loan and car loan facility at a very low-interest rate for especially Bankers.
- Pension and other benefits are given after retirement.
Also Read –
10. State Public Service Commission Officers
The state public service commission officer is also one of the best government jobs in India, it is a state government service. State public service commission recruits class-1 and class-2 officers.
It is quite the same as UPSC but that is limited to a particular state only such as Gujarat Public Service Commission, Maharashtra Public Service Commission, Rajasthan Public Service Commission and the same as for all the state in India.
It is an administrative and office work job such as Dy. Mamlatdar, Dy. Section officer, etc.
- An attractive salary is given near 40K but as per state.
- Residence facility.
- Medical facilities.Free light bill.
- Free mobile bill and many more.
11. SSC Junior Engineer
SSC Junior Engineer is a central government job, it’s a respected and best government jobs in India and our society.
SSC conducts the Junior Engineer exam every year to recruit candidates from engineering fields.
Candidates must have an Engineering degree from Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, and Quantity Surveying and Contract Engineering.
There are different departments in SSC Junior Engineer such as Central Water Commission, Central Public Works Department, Military Engineering Service, Farakka Barrage Project, Border Road Organization, Central Water, and Power Research Station, etc.
Junior Engineer has a supervisor work, Managing the accountants, and looking upon a government scheme.
- All India posting such as in Metro cities, Near Army Residences, Near International Borders, etc.
- No interview process for this job.
- Very good salary above 40K.
- House rent allowance.
- Medical facilities.
- Traveling allowances.
Also Read –
12. RRB Junior Engineer
RRB JE is a central government job and it’s the best government jobs in India for those who hold an Engineering degree from diploma/ BE / B.Tech. It’s a prestigious job in our society.
Indian railway is the biggest platform for the Engineers to make a career and grow, RRB too many jobs to Engineers.RRB JE has a supervisory work, and it’s also called as an inspector of works.
Working responsibilities for JE is the installation and maintenance of the machines, construction of the bridge, maintenance of electric locomotive, generation of power supply and many more as per fields.
RRB recruits JE from various such as Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Electronic Communication Engineering, and IT Engineering.
There is a lot of area of the fieldwork for RRB JE.
- All India posting, so be ready to work everywhere in India.
- RRB JE gets a handsome salary near 40K.
- And other facilities are Medical allowance, Travel, Educational, House rent allowance, Duty pass and many more.
- Very good scope of promotion.
- Gets high job security.
13. Insurance Officer( AO – Administrative Officer)
Insurance jobs are one of the best options for graduate candidates, it’s the best government jobs in India.
Working pressure is less compared to the banking sector and other industriesIn an insurance company, there are various departments such as claim, servicing, underwriting, accountants, HR, etc.
There are several companies for insurance jobs like LIC, NIACL, National Insurance and many more.
If you want to join as an administrative officer in the insurance company then you must have a graduation degree in any discipline and you have to crack insurance competitive examination.
- Very good job security.
- Medical benefits.
- Loan dor the car.
- Accidental insurance.
- Group mediclaim.
- Leave travel concession.
- Gratuity, etc.
Also Read –
14. Defense Services – Indian army, Indian navy, Indian air force
Indian Defence service provides a prestigious and respectful career opportunity to our young generation in India.
There are mainly three groups in defense service such as the Indian army, Indian navy, Indian Air force.
1. Indian Army
Indian army is one of the branches of Indian armed forces. It serves all over India and provides internal security.
It is the best service in India for the youngster who wants to serve the country.
2. Indian Navy
Indian navy is also one of the best branches of Indian armed force, it is a navel branch that protects external threats through the water.
It is the best service in India specially for those who want to serve our country in the Indian Ocean.
3. Indian Air Force
The Indian air force is the best service and also a branch of Indian armed force.
The Indian air force protects airspace and they conduct aerial warfare during arm forced conflicts.
- It provides a very good career opportunity to serve the Indian airspace to the youngster.
- Gets a very good salary.
- Pension service is very good at retirement.
- Health benefits and many more.
Q1 – Which govt job has the highest salary in India?
Highest Govt Salary Jobs – IAS, IPS, IFS, IES, RBI Grade B Officer, PSUs Officer, Scientist at ISRO etc.
Q2 – What is the salary of an IAS?
Rs. 50K – 2.5lacs
Q3 – Is RBI a job better than IAS?
All the jobs are good it is all about our interest. Both are the Best Jobs
Q4 – Which degree is best for IAS?
If you want to become an IAS officer then you can choose Bacheor of Arts.
Top 10+ Highest Paying Government Jobs In India 2020 - Jobs Digit
Looking for Highest Paying Government Jobs in India? These days, government jobs have become the first choice of the youth, the reason behind it is high job
Course Provider: Organization